Mehr brandheiße Inhalte
zur Gruppe
English Speakers
1208 Mitglieder
Das Thema ist für dich interessant? Jetzt JOYclub entdecken

English thread

English thread
JC finally decided to permit threads in foreign languages, provided at least one of the group mods speaks the language in question.
I know several of our members do not have perfect command of German, therefore I am opening this "general" English thread and let's see how it goes.
Needless to say: the same JC rules, netiquette etc. apply.
***fz Mann
10.350 Beiträge
Thank you for reacting that quickly to the changes of the club rules. I absolutely second this idea. Especially, when talking about the US, there is nothing more satisfying, imho, than doing it properly - in Enlish. *hi5*
****low Frau
8.452 Beiträge
Jolly good (that was British) finally. How can you expect from a New Yorker not to speak his language?

*boogie*
We're going to be very tolerant here and actually accept UK-English *zwinker*
****low Frau
8.452 Beiträge
Even so it’s funny, we really should *hi5*
Thank God, sun_flower speaks perfect English - sorry but my English is not quite correct and not so "smooth" *tuete*, I have an absolute problem with foreign languages - I'm more mathematically and technically gifted *nixweiss*

So please, be nice to each other here as well - otherwise I'm threatening to make a statement in English, which could lead to severe abdominal pain for some of you. *fiesgrins*
******aas Mann
1.558 Beiträge
So where are the desperate native speakers that are slightly bewildered because they never went with their Laterne and their Laterne went with them? *zwinker*
@******aas: They probably gave up a long time ago *zwinker*
After all, every time a member attempted to initiate a (public) group conversation in English it was nipped in the bud either by yours truly or JC "authorities" *computercrash*
**********essen Mann
5.236 Beiträge
Hello:
I am glad that now I can now be able to talk freely among some people, who will understand and not always criticize that i must not use my English speech, here in JC.
I understand that I will never have the knack of having perfect German, but I always made the attempt to have both languages, as i try to leave a comment or react back to one, even though I would get certain mods that would be so upset and delete whatever I typed into certain forums.

As a man, from NYC or The Big Apple, I will now enjoy JC a little better than I was before.......

****low Frau
8.452 Beiträge
A big apple 🍎 bought in Belgium, owned by a big apple 🍎 born person living in Mainhattan, not to be mistaken with Manhatten in the big apple 🍎 *smile*
**********essen Mann
5.236 Beiträge
@ Manilow
I am sorry, but no one can even think about comparing "MANHATTAN" with 'MAINHATTAN" *kopfklatsch*
I give you proof:
MANHATTAN 1
MAINHATTAN 1
MANHATTAN 2
MAINHATTAN 2
and the winner and still champion of the world.......
MANHATTAN, NEW YORK CITY!!!!!!
****low Frau
8.452 Beiträge
I am sorry, but whoever took my command serious, left his sense of humor where it doesn’t belong *zwinker*

I hope that the pictures you posted were taken by you?
**********aison Mann
372 Beiträge
I am a New Yorker living here in Germany.

Been living in NRW for almost 6 years!
**********essen Mann
5.236 Beiträge
@ NewYorkCity4U
Welcome and hello from another fellow native New Yorker.......
**********aison Mann
372 Beiträge
Cool!
*********allow Frau
1.817 Beiträge
Finally
A chance for me to practice my (american) english, before I forget all of it...
If anyone finds mistakes, feel free to tell me and help me improve my skills...
***fz Mann
10.350 Beiträge
I'll toot in the same horn as my predecessor - just the other way around.

I used to be a German teacher in the States. So if anyone has questions, let me know. I'm happy to help.

(Just maybe not here, but rather via CM)
**********essen Mann
5.236 Beiträge
@ suck_n_swallow / Inveigler
I am always available to listen, help or just to chat around with. I do not mind if the grammar is not perfectly correct, because no one is perfect.
To be of any service to anyone, I would be much obliged to also offer any assistance, when truly needed....

*hutab*
*******inTV Mann
38 Beiträge
about time!
I wrote a blog entry in english (maybe 2 years ago) -- mind you, blog entries are in one's own profile page-- yet the good folks of JC took it down and chastised me for it *nono*
What's the point anyway of "prohibiting" other languages? Afraid the other languages will take over? Really? It's all about spreading out and increasing membership, I'd imagine!... but who knows, it's their company, not mine *g*

Cheers,

-Jenny (who, undoubtedly, speaks english much better than german)
@***ny: The point of not allowing other languages was (and still is up to a point) that in case of disputes, insults etc. in a foreign language, group or JC mods could not intervene simply because they didn't understand what was going on. Now they agreed to allow foreign languages in groups provided at least one of the mods has command of the language.
*****ess Frau
18.697 Beiträge
We're going to be very tolerant here and actually accept UK-English

Is German English (Denglish) accepted as well - at least for those whose English is not that perfect?

*undwech*
*****ess:
Is German English (Denglish) accepted as well - at least for those whose English is not that perfect?

Of course!
*******met Mann
1.146 Beiträge
Sin_less, it could be senseless. Remember this guy from German coast guard:

😂😂😂
**********aison Mann
372 Beiträge
That is a great video. There are several others out there to.

I think every English speaker who moves to Germany has seen these.

Another great hilarious video is.....

And...

I can admit, learning German is so much harder than learning English. But it is always important to have fun while learning any language!
*********2017 Mann
7 Beiträge
Sailing in the Sea of Cortez
I am from California and have been lived near Detroit area about 5 years.I am multicultural type of person. l like salling and nature and can speak Spanish and French.I just begin to learn German.I normally go salling in Mexico in winter.

Camping and sailing in Baja Peninsula Mexico. 15.2 meter sail boat. The boat is steel and designed for ocean sailing, this is not a boat you will see in Monte Carlo, it does not have air conditioning! In fact it is a little bit ugly. Sure the boat is ugly but the company should not be. Sailing to remote beaches alone, completely by ourselves FKK camping. Good times, good food, good sex if we click and good wine. Single women or couples that enjoys nature and sex. This could be a small group, four at the most. Time period is open February to April.
I welcome single women or couple to visit and stay my home near lake in Detroit suburb.
Anmelden und mitreden
Du willst mitdiskutieren?
Werde kostenlos Mitglied, um mit anderen über heiße Themen zu diskutieren oder deine eigene Frage zu stellen.